About Me

My photo
Without making myself sound too boring, I will say I am married for 34 years and have one married daughter and 3 grandchildren. I work part-time doing independent contract work for retail stores and also work for the Catholic Schools Lunch Program. Enough to keep me in spending money! I belong to several online art groups, the biggest being AAWA. This group has expanded my horizons in mixed media artistry. I enjoy altering items such as cigar boxes, bottles and books to name a few. I like to do collage, iris folding, ATCs, 4x4s, inchies,and plain old card making. I have dabbled with clay, made domino jewelry and glass slide pieces. I don't mind trying new things, but I am a visual person and need to see an example or have hands on guidance. Maybe that's an age thing!

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

My latest endeavor....

is altering spoons!! Two of these are for a swap in my AAWA art group. I found the spoons at a junk store--the older the better. Then I added images in the bowls of the spoons and used a high gloss finish/liquid laminate to fill the bowls with. Then it's just a matter of embellishing them with "extras" on the theme. They are quite fun to do and you can easily become addicted to making these. Let me know what you think!




3 comments:

Robin said...

Hi Gloria! I just recently joined AAWA and had to come over and check out your spoons. They are absolutely fabulous...I especially like the birdhouse one!! I haven't tried to alter a spoon yet but you make it sound like it is dooable! Thanks for the inspiration!

Take Care - Robin

Diann said...

Oh, the spoons are great, Gloria!
I really had fun with this swap. Thanks for sharing! Diann

Nancy B said...

Beautiful spoons!